Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Twin Cities Championship Round 6

My final round of the championship tournament is tonight. I should be facing another strong opponent as I have scored 3.5 out of 4 (my worst result is tossed, which was my round 4 debacle). There is one kid, a 5th grader I believe, who is 20th in the US for his age, who is undefeated. I think he will end up becoming the champion, but I will finish pretty close to him if I can win tonight. Game and my humble analysis will follow.

Update: I played the kid mentioned above. He had won every single round prior to playing me. I had the advantage through most of the game, but then I dissipated my advantage (as seems to be my problem lately) and we ended up drawing the game. He is the winner of the tournament, anyway, and I tied for 3rd place.

2 Comments:

Blogger fussylizard said...

Good luck!!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

I'm within a few inches of taking another leap in chess strength. I just know it! My thought process is solidifying in my mind, and I'm becoming increasingly aware of specific shortcomings in my game. Now, I just have to figure out how best to correct those weaknesses!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home