Thursday, February 17, 2005

On Tap For This Weekend

I've almost completed my 2nd circle on the Double Attack theme. I will finish that tonight and possibly begin my 3rd circle. Tentatively, I will complete circles 3 and 4 tomorrow and 5-7 on Saturday. Then, I will begin my next area of tactical study on Sunday. I plan to group the next three chapters of Reinfeld's 1001 Winning Chess Sacrifices and Combinations together for this next set of 7 circles. These smaller chapters are on Discovered Check, Double Check, and Discovered Attack, which seem to go together. I want to complete my 7 circles through this book in a 10-week span, so I see more chapter grouping up ahead. Then, I'll spend about 5 more weeks as follows before I will claim to be an MDLM graduate:

Week 11 Pins, Knight Forks, Double Attack
Week 12 Second grouping, TBD
Week 13 Third grouping, TBD
Week 14 Fourth grouping, TBD
Week 15 1001 WCS&C in its entirety

So, it looks like Sunday, May 8th will be my 1001 day. 8 hours of pure tactical insanity!!!

Also, this weekend, I'll be playing in Round 1 of the STCBunch 2005 Open. I'll post the game and analysis later, of course!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home