Friday, February 18, 2005

Better Get Your Anterior Cingulate Cortex Checked

As a chess player, I readily admit to having quite an OCD. It keeps me doing De La Mazian circles and trying to learn something very few people can actually master. Now, consider Bobby Fischer. Of course, I would never compare my chess play to Bobby's, but it appears apparent to many that Bobby suffers from some form of mental illness - perhaps even schizophrenia. Now, there may be an explanation why chess players like me are OCD and, at the same time, why Bobby suffers from mental illness. The answer may lie in a malformation of our brains.

6 Comments:

Blogger David Glickman said...

It says you live in Normal, Illinois. Do you get that backwards? :)

3:10 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Probably! I should have chosen to live in its twin city of Bloomington, IL so I could be close to Normal!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I went to the bicyclerepairman to have it checked. He assembled a new one for 35 euro. Is that cheap?

6:59 PM  
Blogger Margriet said...

What is OCD ?
I'm afraid I have it to.
You can read about it on my blog about sacrifices.

9:40 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Just click on the link labeled OCD in the first sentence of the post, Margriet. It leads to a definition.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Ed Doyle said...

I think OCD is simply a COD. Bobby was mad because he was mad. Why do Americans have to have a reason for their madness which is outside their control ?. Next we will here Bush is mad because of some other illness (not a brain illness granted) but something derived from an organ that he actually has.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home