Thursday, December 01, 2005

In Other News

Some other chess-related things happening with me:

-Fege has asked me to join his U2000 team for Teamchess 45 45's T29 tournament. I have accepted. So, now I'll be playing for two teams in T29, Fege's team and the U1800 Checkmate! You Are Dead.

-I've ordered 3 supplementary courses of the now-defunct Aficinado's Chess Mentor series. These are composed of 2 modules of strategy and one module dealing with mastering chess technique. I won't be able to use these until Christmas, though.

-There is an upcoming OTB tournament on December 10th in nearby Springfield, IL, but I haven't made up my mind whether or not to attend. There are other tournaments coming in January and March of next year which I may play in instead. Achieving 1600 may or may not happen this year, but (as is my usual failing) I will probably achieve it after my set goal date of December 31.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Missing your goal by one month doesn't sound like a failure to me. In computer terms that would be considered ahead of schedule.

PS

4:32 PM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

And, where did you get the supplementary courses from?

12:59 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

I ordered them from ChessUSA.com. They've been my chess connection for years now! :) Great low prices, although I thought the freight was a little inflated. Anyhoo, I've had good luck with them in the past.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home