Monday, November 28, 2005

The Make Or Break Game: Prelude

Tomorrow, I will be playing in what I think will be a make or break game for achieving Class B status this year. The person I will most likely play is rated 1747.

On the plus side, I have beaten him before, although it was only once.

On the minus side, he is higher rated (with LOTS of OTB experience), and he plays queen pawn games (and I will most likely have the black pieces against him).

So, tonight, I am skipping ju-jitsu practice for chess study. I will drill with CTS as my main focus, with some opening study against queen pawn games.

The way I have it calculated my rating will finish out this month in one of 3 ways:

Win 1608 (and Class B - 2005 goal achieved)
Draw 1575 (with the possibility of achieving 1600 in December)
Lose 1542 (with a slim possibility of achieving 1600 in December)

I will analyze and post the game after tomorrow's battle.

Tonight...I prepare for war....

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good Luck!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

CD,
Good luck, good luck, good luck! I will be rooting for you in spirit.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Sancho Pawnza said...

Good Luck!

9:18 AM  
Blogger knightwiz said...

Good luck! =)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Go get im CD!

PS

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home