Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Back Over 1500

Last night at chess club I drew a game against a 1776 rated player, so my USCF rating is back above 1500. Using the USCF calculator, I estimate my rating to be at 1506. Fritz showed me that I could have maintained an early advantage that I had in the game if I would have allowed counterplay. Very interesting to note that. Usually you want to stifle opponent counterplay, but there are situations when you can actually stifle your own chances by doing so.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey!

Post the game using PGN viewer so we can see it! I always like looking at games by higher rated players.

1:44 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Will do! I post it tonight. This was the first time I'd played this guy, and he was all "and this is the first time you'll lose to me" and stuff. It was good to make him sweat!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Zek said...

Look forward to seeing your game. I hear what you are saying about allowing counterplay to get some yourself. In my last game, I played d5, and he responded with e5. He blocked in his own bishop, but at the time I was ahead in development and just allowed him to lockup the center pawns.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home