Monday, October 10, 2005

What Hath God Wraught?!

I love playing first person shooter games. However, until recently, I had an old 800 MHz system that only held 512 MB of RAM. I spent last week building a new system after the old one finally gave out. So, now I've re-installed my shooter games with the same (but underutilized graphics card) as before. My gosh what a difference it makes! I have Soldier of Fortune II on full gore, and some of the scenes about make you sick with all the brain matter and such that gets splashed on the walls. I played another similar-type game (Shellshock: Nam '67), and my wife even commented how cool the graphics looked. And, then there's the AI engines that are MUCH harder with the extra RAM and processor speed. Phenomenal!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Someone should use their game kernel to make an ultra-violent chess game.

1:32 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Pawns with gibs flying off?

Battle Chess: EXTREME

Rated M for Mature


Hmm...it has some market potential.... :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Zek said...

I'm a big realtime strategy guy. I love Rise of Nations.

9:46 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

I like those kinds of games, too, but they are SERIOUS time sponges. I played Hearts of Iron for a while, but it could take days to play one game. I should try it again, though, because with the faster PC, the AI should put up much more of a fight.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home