Monday, September 12, 2005

Chess Mentor Maker Afficianado Undergoing Restructuring

I just came across this, and I'm surprised I didn't find any mention of it anywhere else already:

ATTENTION: Aficionado Inc., maker of Chess Mentor software, is currently undergoing corporate restructuring. During that time there will be no further sales or support of Chess Mentor.

After the company reorganization has been completed, this site will be updated.


Chess Mentor website

This is a bummer, because I really like the Chess Mentor software, although I don't think Chess Mentor 3 offered any really advantages or improvements over version 2 (which is the one I own). I do hope they come out of restructuring, and I also hope they improve their catalog of supplemental programs. Some of them, I've been tempted to buy in the past, but many of them haven't interested me enough to even consider them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pawnsensei said...

That's too bad. I hope they come out of it okay too. I really like their software too, though the interface could be improved somewhat. Thanks for the news.

PS

8:10 PM  
Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

Yeah, i like the software as well... Though i only went through a small portion of the program. I never finished it. But it offers some good stuff for training. But after the program i'm working through now, i intend to start on another (ChessMentor perhaps), since tactics should always be trained. Not just for 400 days. Oh by the way, could you make a minor adjustment to my name? It's dutchdefence with a "C"

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home