Sunday, February 13, 2005

At Last...Discomfort!

I finished the 7 circles with Pins and Knight Forks. Some of those were challenging, but they weren't always. Now, I've begun my first circle of Double Attack tactics. I'm starting to see that this area is a real weakness for me. I don't seem to have a big problem with 2 move problems, but if I try to solve puzzles much more complicated than those I struggle. I mean...really struggle. I often can't even see the first move, even though I can usually find the first move on complicated puzzles for which I cannot find the follow up. Some might get disappointed in this situation, but I'm ecstatic! I don't see this as a failing, but rather it is a real opportunity for me to improve my game. If I can overcome this (and I will!) and get a real sense for this kind of tactic, I'm sure I can add some more scalps to my belt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

that's the right attitude.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home