Wednesday, December 14, 2005

November Increase

Well, I effectively recovered (and then some) all the points I lost at the Midwest Class tournament. My rating went up 43 points and now stands at USCF 1536. Last night's win over an 1147 rated play won't affect that number much (puts me at about 1540), but now I'll be playing the tough opps in my club for the rest of the month. On the other front, my FICS rating stands at its highest ever (non-provisional) at 1774. I'm beginning to like this trend. It always appears to amaze Tempo Schlucker that my rating can be so low when I do so well with tactics. Again, my weaknesses have been my thought process and risk-taking attitude. This past month, with a couple exceptions, my thought process has been on target. So, what I'm experiencing is the result of that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

You definately play the game with Gusto. I prefer the slightly quiter openings and letting strategy blend with tactics instead of the outright tactical slugfests your games seem to be.

1:08 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

I tend to be kind of a brute on the 64. :)

(You could probably tell that from the monicker.)

1:26 PM  
Blogger King of the Spill said...

Congratulations on the ratings increase. I guess you could say that tactics are important but not everything. With the risky approach you probably are having more fun :-).

4:13 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Welll, it's fun when I win anyway. Kinda kick myself really hard when I lose after playing that way (dang, why was I such a fool!, etc.)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Ed Doyle said...

Congrats !!!!

Keep it green

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home