Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Mystery Game

At tonight's chess club, I will be playing someone strong. I have no idea who that person will be, but I have a feeling I'll be playing the 1800 rated kid again. Once again, I'll have the black pieces. However, this time I'm sure he'll be better prepared to meet my Scandinavian defense.

Or, it could be the fellow that beat me last month and rose once again to Class B status.

Or, it could be the real estate guy who's only lost to me twice in long time control tournament games.

Or, it could be the wizened guy who ran the club for many, many years and is a solid Class B player.

Or, it could be the Class B player that I've never beaten before, but who seems to be struggling of late.

Or, it could be the near-psychotic and near-Class A player who I managed to draw in our only encounter.

Perhaps it will be someone new. Perhaps it will be the Expert who used to play in our club, but who I haven't seen in a while.

Why did I stay up so late playing Doom 3 and drinking beer? Well, let's see how it goes....

1 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

You have to plan better your other activities. I drink beer the evening before I have to sing. My voice is much lower the other day, which is good since I am a bass.:)

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home