Friday, April 01, 2005

More Progress Toward Class B

My USCF rating is now at 1543. My FICS rating is 1741. Since I play on FICS more often, I'd say that that rating is more useful toward indicating what my USCF rating should be as told by SurveyBot. In this case, last time I checked, my FICS rating would put me right around the USCF 1600 or Class B level. Now, I just have to back that up with more OTB wins. I have a USCF tournament in mid-April to attend, plus I will continue to play rated chess club games on Tuesdays. I think my goal for this year will be USCF 1650 and FICS 1850.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

Something tells me you'll make that goal, no problem. I wish I had more OTB play, but tournaments in my area are few and far between. Are you by chance going to the HB Challenge in Minneapolis?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

These figures start to sound interesting.

4:32 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

PMD, I won't be going there, unfortunately, with my wife 5 months preggo. I'll have to stay within my home state of Illinois this year. Next year, perhaps I shall branch out into interstate play. Yesterday, my FICS rating was briefly at 1751. I lost my Team Chess 45 45 game and am back down to 1740, but I'll get there. I refuse to let my confidence be shaken!

Tempo, thanks! I think you're already at 1700 elo, if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps I'll even be at that level (USCF) by the end of the year. Who knows!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home