Thursday, March 24, 2005

Mouse Slips

I always have laughed at my opps (this happened most often on Yahoo! Games chess) when they've blundered and then blamed it on the mouse slipping. Usually, it's pretty obvious that they simply screwed up. Last night, I played a game on FICS and, down a bishop, managed to queen-fork my opp's king and bishop. This would have equalized the game. So, I click on my queen and...whoops!...yes, you guessed it, instead of landing on the square of my opp's bishop, my queen lands on the square before it. I struggle on for a few more moves and then resign.

But...I can't get this loss out of my head! It shouldn't have happened! It wouldn't have happened in an OTB game, because I'd have physically picked up my queen and physically sat it down on my opp's bishop's square and removed his bishop. Man, does that have me steamed!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

In other forms it does happen in OTB-games though. Like touching the wrong piece. I know the feeling!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

You could buy one of them fancy boards that connects to your computer, so you could play your interent games on a regular board. Of course, they cost like $500 ...

7:51 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Maybe I'll treat myself to one of those when I make USCF Expert! :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

I have posted on my ICC account "I give no takebacks and ask for none." But then something like this happens and you wish you didn't hold such a hard line. Internet chess is full of bizarred twists of fate. While I haven't had a chance at real OTB play, I imagine that's the true test of one's skill.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home