Monday, March 21, 2005

Clearance, Interference

I've tried to keep the content of my chapter groupings somewhat complementary among the chapters that comprise them. For example, Discovered Check, Discoverd Attack, and Double Check were all somewhat related ideas when it comes to tactics. So, my next group is comprised of the clearance and interference themes as they appear to be complementary ideas.

I finished circle 7 of my last grouping yesterday and have begun the clearance problems. I'm not doing that well on this theme, which makes me happy because it highlights a weakness in my tactical knowledge. At any rate, my goal is to finish circle 7 of this theme grouping by next Sunday evening.

Another thing I decided to do (and this is completely off-topic) is to withdraw from the STC Bunch Open. With TeamChess 45 45 and the OCL chess leagues, not to mention my local chess club, I was just doing to much. So, I withdrew from that tournament.

3 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Being over-worked is not only bad for pieces.

9:43 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Yes! Especially when the wife starts to complain that all I do is play or study chess (which is not true as a new ceiling fan installed by yours truly as well as repairwork to my daughters closet can attest). :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

Well it sounds like you're busy enough with OTB play. I'm going to continue with my STC action as it's all I have at this time.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home