Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Expensive, But Hopefully Worth It

I finally decided to plunk down $100 to buy myself a digital chess clock to replace the wind-up clock I've had for so many years. I just began to get embarrassed pulling that thing out at tournaments and having to apologize to my opps for having such a crappy clock. Not to mention the fact that my chess club tournament games are g/45 with 5 second delay with the stipulation that if you don't have a clock that can be set for a 5 second delay then the game is simply g/45. So, I'm considering this an investment. And, with the peace of mind having an FIDE-approved clock will bring me, I'll hopefully have one less distraction during my OTB games.

At chess club, we typically use the Chronos clock. I hate the Chronos clock! It's too big, ugly, and bulky for my tournament bag, and it's a pain in the butt to program. I chose what looked to me to be the better choice and am getting the DGT XL.

3 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

i stink at chess. i need your help :)
interesting blog.
keep up the good work..and please, if you check mine, even if you dont comment..at least use the map and place a pin where you are located!
thanks!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Yes, DGT is a fine Dutch product!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

I got the Saitek. It's inexpensive, fun to play with, sturdy and light.

PS

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home