Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Over-worked Pieces and Removing the Guard

These make up my next theme to conquer with the 7 circles approach. I finished up my 7th circles of Discovered Attack, Discovered Check, and Double Check at lunchtime today. Reflecting back on those, they included some real mind-benders. There were many solutions that were 7 to 10 moves (14 - 20 ply) long. There appeared to be much more of those in those chapters than in the previous ones I had studied on pins, forks, and double attacks.

Anyhow, I'm 42% through with the Reinfeld book, but I plan to do some knowledge consolidation after I make it all the way through. Although, I technically would be able to consider myself an MDLM graduate once I make it all the way through the book, because I'm doing 7 circles at a time on chapter groupings, I won't. After I finish the book, I will split the book into 4 chapter groupings and do 7 circles of those. Then, I will split the book in half and do 7 circles of those. Finally, I will do 7 circles of the entire book, the 7th circle of which will take place all in one day.

Then, I will consider myself as having earned the title of MDLM graduate. This should all be completed by mid-May.

3 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

How many problems does the Reinfeld book contain? Do I remember it right that you are the Knight who talked about overlearning?

3:33 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

I'm probably that very knight! The Reinfeld book contains 1001 problems. Just perfect for the MDLM circles program.

3:36 PM  
Blogger bahus said...

So you are going through the book the old way.. A while ago I downloaded the positions from Reinfeld's book and tried to use them in Chess Position Trainer. However, I never got that far (I'd have to key in all the variations).

Some time ago there was discussion on CPT -forum about Reinfeld and I thought it might interest you.

Links :

1001 WCSC
Gossimit -site
CPT forum

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home