Monday, March 07, 2005

Balancing Play and Circles

I'm having a difficult time balancing my study and play time right now. Yesterday, I played 2 tournament games on-line, one of which included an additional hour of post-game analysis with my opp. Add to that any analysis I've been doing on my own and others' games and then there are the circles. I have begun Circle 4 of my current group of 126 or so puzzles on Discovered Attack, Discovered Check, and Double Check. I just have to force myself to finish the 7 circles (or so) that I need to finish to get them down pat and move on. On the plus side, the circles do appear to be helping my play. My FICS rating continues to climb and is at its all time high of 1745. That helps me break into the top 1000 of STCBunch.org's member list.

2 Comments:

Blogger King of the Spill said...

Congratulations on the rating increase. Sounds like the circles are already working for you.

2:55 AM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

It's a funny complaint.
You don't study chess because you are playing chess. Are you sure the dentist extracted only the teeth? :)

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home