Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Puzzle Chewing

I completed Circle 4 of my current group of puzzles. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I'm finding that I'm getting "sidetracked" when I work these puzzles. No, I don't mean distracted in the sense of avoiding doing them. What I mean is that I am finding myself continually trying to blow holes in the solutions of the problems by trying out different defenses. These defensive tries aren't even addressed anywhere by Reinfeld in his book (as you may recall, I'm doing De La Mazian circles using 1001 Winning Chess Sacrifices and Combinations). It's amazing how much time it takes to really dig into some of these positions and understand just why the solution is best. Anyhow, I'm thinking about skipping out of chess club tonight to finish Circles 5-7 and be done with this group that has taken me about a week or so off my schedule.

1 Comments:

Blogger CelticDeath said...

LOL! Let me tell you, keeping food out of holes in your gums and jaw is NO fun at all!!!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home