Thursday, March 03, 2005

On Multiple Tooth Extractions and Chess

Ok, so there's no real correlation besides the fact that I'm going to have my 4 wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. Hopefully, this "minor" inconvenience won't interfere with my weekend games and finishing my current group of 7 circles. I did finish my analysis on my 1st round game in the Greater Peoria Open. I'll try and post that also sometime.

***Update***
--Cut scene to my main bathroom. I'm standing at the sink with a water syringe in hand used to clean food particles out of the empty sockets. My 2.5 yr old daughter stands next to me in morbid fascination.---

Me: Sploosh!

Her: Ewwwwwwwwww!

I move to the next empty socket. Thankfully, I don't have to do this with the upper ones which have stayed clean.

Me: Sploosh!

Her: Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

And so it goes.....

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Good luck. Seems to be polar opposite experiences. For me it was possibly the worst 7+ days of my life. Yet I have friends that were back to normal in a couple of days.

Hope your experience is more like theirs.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Oh, oooh, maybe you can try to think of a chessproblem in the meantime. I'm curious if that helps. . .

2:59 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Ah, well, I've had them for about 21 years, so I guess they've served their purpose.

3:33 PM  
Blogger King of the Spill said...

Ouch.

2:36 AM  
Blogger Margriet said...

This is the moment to start killing your weakest braincells! The method you can find at tempo's blog

8:31 AM  
Blogger Margriet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

There is great precedence for pulling teeth in the middle of chess endeavors. Alekhine had six teeth pulled on a rest day with his match with Capablanca.

8:50 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

He was Da Man!!!

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home