Friday, March 11, 2005

Garry Retires

I still remember, as a high school student, reading my Chess Life magazines, especially during the Kasparov-Karpov world championship matches that took place from 1984 to 1985. Now, an era in my life is over. Kasparov, whom I consider to be the greatest chess player to ever have lived has announced his retirement from tournament chess. I guess he wants to exit while he is still at the top of his game (or nearly so). Here are the details from Chessbase.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don Q. said...

Why couldn't Kramnik retire instead? Oh well. This may clear the field a bit. It was pretty obvious to me that Kramnik was never going to play Kasparov if he could help it. Maybe now he'll take on Annand. That would be interesting -- the classic defense v. offense battle -- slugger v. boxer.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home