Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Uber Kreise Update

I've stormed past the Pinning and Knight Fork sections and am midway through Double Attack. As you would intuit, the more recent theme groups I've tackled in the form of mini-circles are easier than the earlier ones. I'm at about problem 225 right now. Technically, I should be doing 143 problems a night for this first Uber Kreis to cover the 1,001 by Sunday's end. However, I don't mind being a little behind because I have much more time to devote to puzzles on the weekend. I do notice the value in continuing to solve tactics problems (although at a less intense pace), even after I finish the program. The patterns need to be continually reinforced to stay in your memory.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nezha said...

Anohter one is on the verge of graduation. The halls of valhalla becons.

p.s.
what is the celtic equivalent of valhalla?

8:40 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Not much is known, but the popular notion is that the Celts believed in reincarnation of a sort. They basically believed that when they died, their souls entered other people, creatures, even trees. This seems to be attested by the movie The Highlander where "there can be only one." In that movie, if you haven't already seen it, when a warrior killed another immortal, that person's soul would enter into the warrior's body and the warrior would get the skills of the deceased.

Anyhoo, I also have Swedish blood in addition to my Scotch and Irish blood, so Valhalla isn't completely out of the question! :)

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home