Monday, May 16, 2005

The Helpless King and the Weakened Castled Position, Teil Zwei

I've reached problem #943. I only have 58 more problems to go before I can say that I have worked each of the 1001 problems of 1001 Winning Chess Sacrifices and Combinations at least once (and 870 of those have been worked 7 times). After I complete 7 circles of the 131 problem set that I'm in now, I will be ready to work the entire book as one "uber circle" as Blue Devil so aptly put it. I will complete my current mini-circle by this coming Sunday and begin Die Uber Kreise on Monday. I'm aiming to have that done in 1 week as follows:

Monday, May 23rd Problems 1-250
Tuesday, May 24th Problems 251-500
Wednesday, May 25th Problems 501-750
Thursday, May 26th Problems 751-1001
Friday, May 27th Problems 1-500
Saturday, May 28th Problems 501-1001
Sunday, May 29th Problems 1-1001

I had originally planned on doing 7 Uber Circles, but I'll have already done 7 mini-circles on all the problems, so this would be overkill. Instead, I'll do 3 Uber Circles that would equate to circles 5-7.

7 Comments:

Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Good luck as you circle the runway for your crazy landing! This should be an exciting time for the Knights, with you, Pale Morning Dun, and mousetrapper all finishing up in the next few weeks!!!

We haven't had a new Knight in about a week. What gives, blogosphere?!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Hast Du eine Ahnung wieviel % Du jetzt machtst?
Ich wuBte nicht das Deutsch so bekannt war in die States. Meine resultaten im Tournier sind von solche Art das Ich es lieber in die Deutsche Sprache erzahl (oder besser in Eskimoos. . .). Morgen mach Ich ein post.

5:17 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Tempo, although I'm not recording it, I'm finding that my % by the 7th circle is around 100%. This is probably due to the fact that I'm doing mini-circles. It should be interesting to see what % I have when I'm doing the whole book! I'm looking forward to your tournament post.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

My handy free web translator says Temposchlucker said:

Did you now machtst a notion how much % you? I did not wuBte the
German in such a way admits was into the States. My results in the
Tournier are of such kind which I it rather into the German language
erzahl (or better in Eskimoos.. .). Tomorrow Mach I post office.

Hmmm. How many years before this is seamless and we look back at this as a quaint indicator of our primitive AI in the early 2000s? :)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Időbeosztás-guru said...

CelticDeath, you're heading towards becoming an Uebermensch...

BTW, I wouldn't have thought either, that there are so many German speakers in the US. Strange..but even stranger is that I understood what Tempo said (without any translator), even though saying that my German is rusty would be a gross overstatement. :)

Good luck Celtic!

1:57 AM  
Blogger King of the Spill said...

Hang in there, your nearly graduated!

2:21 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Thanks, everyone! Don't expect me to quit my blog, though, when I'm done. I plan to continue with Strategy 2.0 next. That set has around 1800 problems, so I imagine it will take me almost twice as long to complete. If tactics has taken me 4 months, then this one will be closer to 8 to complete. After that...endgames with Chess Endgame Training with 2500 problems!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home