Monday, April 25, 2005

Played a Cheater on FICS

I played someone who I very strongly suspect of having cheated on FICS this weekend. I won't name the person's handle, but here are three reasons why I suspect them of having cheated:

1. Their rating was lower than mine, yet they used hardly any time on the clock
2. They won both games quite convincingly
3. Postgame analysis by Fritz 8 showed no improvements for their moves, yet plenty for mine*

*Note that Mgoo, an honorable opponent who I played in Team Chess 45 45, who was higher rated than this guy/gal, and who also beat me soundly still did not make the best moves per Fritz.

I did report my suspicions to FICS administration and added this person to my "no play" list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Időbeosztás-guru said...

I suspect that's quite common on chess servers. That's why I only play blitz. It's a little harder for the cheater that way. Anyway, one of the advantages of ICC over FICS is that they have more resources to detect and ban cheaters...on FICS, there are only volunteers, who may or may not catch them.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home