Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Danish Death Redux

I decided to try playing the Danish Gambit in an over-the-board game at chess club with even more devastating results....

[Event "TCCC April 2005"]
[Site "Normal"]
[Date "2005.04.12"]
[Round "1"]
[White "CelticDeath"]
[Black "My Opponent"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "C21"]
[WhiteElo "1543"]
[BlackElo "1237"]
[TimeControl "2700"]

1. e4 e5 2. d4 exd4 3. c3 dxc3 4. Bc4 cxb2 5. Bxb2 Nf6 6. e5 Qe7 7. Nf3 Qb4+ 8. Nbd2 Ne4 9. Rb1 Nc3 10. Bxc3 Qxc3 11. O-O Qa3 12. Ng5 h6 13. Nxf7 Rh7 14. Qh5 Qc3 15. Nd6+ Ke7 16. Qf7+ Kd8 17. Qe8# 1-0

Well, with this one, I think it's time to put this Danish back into my pocket for a while. It'll be a good surprise weapon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I'm sure your opponent read about development in the opening. It's unbelievable how his greed for a few pawns let him forget everything he has ever learned about the game.

3:44 AM  
Blogger Nezha said...

Yes, tempo is right. I played thru this game in my head and the thing that went mostly in my mind was - "He's loosing too much time". Particularly, why did he have to play Qa3? The queen in not in immediate danger of being trapped. Also, he may have overlooked the discovered check in favor of attacking the knight and the bishop (15. Qh5 Qc3?).

4:15 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Although I can't be certain, I think he might have played Qa3 to be able to retreat it to protect the king with a move like Qe7. Or, maybe he suffered from chess blindness and thought his queen was in danger of being trapped. At any rate, he got greedy and that proved to be his downfall.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Időbeosztás-guru said...

I'm glad you guys can play through a whole game in your heads, but I can't. :( So Celtic, maybe it would be a good idea to use this tool to generate a replayable board for the games..what do you think? I don't know how (or if) this can be integrated with Blogger, but you can always get some free website to post your games to...

5:54 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Ich werde an die Idee denken. Vielen dank, Fraktal!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Es gibt auch ein Englisches version von diese seite.

9:56 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Danke sehr, Tempo. Ich werde es finden.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home