Tuesday, February 28, 2006

2006 Twin City Championship, Round 4

Yes, yes, I know, I know. I still haven't posted the game and analysis from Round 3, but now I also have to add my Round 4 game. The tournament skips next week for the monthly blitz night, and I don't go to blitz night, so I should have time to play catch up.

Anyhoo, it was down between me and one other person for the lead. Both of us had a 3.0 score. The game was decisive and now there's only one person with 4.0 points--and that person is me. I've calculated my rating as it stands now at 1659 with a performance rating of 2164 for this tournament.

Although this winning streak is thrilling, it's also scarin' the crap out of me. I'm always fearing before each of these games that each one is going to be the one that I lose and blow my chances to win the trophy. Complicate that with the fact that I really don't think my chess has been that good - just better than my competitors. Ah well, I'm sure I'll hit another plateau eventually. I just don't know where and when.

5 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Yeah I know that. A winning streak is cramping the brain lobe where the rating is archived. Just be reassured, a losing streak will set you free.
Hopefully after the tournament:)

2:38 AM  
Blogger Zek said...

Just relax. I used to freak myself out before a tournamanet wondering how I could win 5 games in a row against my relative peers. Relax.

Don't really think about the overall picture. Just take it one move at a time. Try to make the best move possible and then next move do the same. It'll take a lot of stress off.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your games.

7:47 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

The good news is that I've played against almost all of the tough players. There are a few players I haven't played in this tournament that pose real threats to me, but I'm not sure if I'll get paired against them or not. It's weird being on Board 1 since the 2nd round and actually staying there.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Great work! Huzzahhh!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

It is especially great how you are doing, considering the people in your club who said that you wouldn't improve much.

Punk-ass-beeaatches.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home