Tuesday, February 21, 2006

2006 Twin City Championship, Round 3 - Which Rhymes With B

As in "well into Class B." Yes, I played my Round 3 game for the championship and won yet again. This time it was against a 1631 rated player who beat me the last time he played me. My preliminary calculations have my current rating at 1634, so I'm still cruising along in Class B (hey - Class A is only 166 points away, but I'd better not get ahead of myself). I am pumped up!! Game and analysis will follow in the next few days.

8 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Congratulations! When will it show up in your USCF rating?

5:16 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

There are a total of 6 rounds. We will play Round 4 next Tuesday, but will skip the following Tuesday (the 1st Tues. of every month is blitz chess night). So, that makes the last round scheduled for March 21. The tournament should be rated right after that if they want to process the results in time for the April ratings supplement.

5:27 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Bummer! Oh well, at least it will show up on the MSA site as Class B.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Zek said...

Congrats. The MSA counts, but I have no doubt that by June you'll still be well over 1600.

Do you ever watch the video lectures on chess.fm? I think that you really get to see what the GMs are thinking about in the game.

9:13 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

I haven't caught any of those, Christopher, but I'll have to check them out.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Don Q. said...

Well done! Isn't it funny that as soon as you hit a new group, you immediately jump to "Group such and such is only 150 points away".

12:02 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Yep, but getting those next few points can be a challenge.

Don, will you eventually get back into OTB play? It looks like you haven't done that in a while.

6:54 PM  
Blogger King of the Spill said...

Congratulations, good to see one of us moving upwards :-).

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home