Monday, June 13, 2005

The Fog Lay Thickly Upon the Battlefield

The corpses of 1,001 dead warriors lay strewn upon the highlands. Aye, it was a gory day indeed. The battle raged nigh 14 and a half hours (given a brief respite for a haggis during a lull in the sword swingin'). The auld saying goes "there can be only one." Today, aye, 'tis true. And the only one left standin' is CelticDeath. Became a graduate De La Maza today, for sure.

Ahh, but don't worry your heads laddies and bonny lasses. There are many more battles for the dark knight to fight. All in the name of glory. I hear there has been a challenge from the Land of Convekta, claimin' me technique is a little ailin'. Sayin' I can handle the brutishness of battlefield tactics, but can't handle an honest endgame joust. Aye, it's time to gather me Claymore, shield, leggings, and breastplate. The battle isn't over...it has just begun!

11 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Congratulations with your impressive victory!! I'm strengthening my arms by sticking my sword in SOPE's farmers. But when I feel strong enough, I will certainly join you in slaying Convekta's villainous warriors.

7:59 AM  
Blogger bahus said...

Congratulations!!

May your tattered copy of Reinfeld's WCS&C finally rest in peace.

- bahus

9:36 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Thanks, Tempo and Bahus!

Bahus, you should see what that book looks like now! I'm amazed that the binding actually held. The book doesn't even lay flat anymore.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Christian said...

Oooh, fast hätte ich deinen Wundersieg über die Teufelszirkel von Convekta verpasst! Und du sprichst ja Deutsch! Gratuliere dem tapferen Krieger! For the others: Congratulations to the brave warrior! Welcome among us graduates! One for all, all for one. And Eternal Death to all blunders! Hope you stay with us blogging.

9:45 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

I will, Mousetrapper! My focus will now shift to endgames, though.

9:55 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

pb12, Thank you! Spies are most welcome - you will keep me on my toes and force me to accept nothing less than my best.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Awesome!

PS

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sancho Pawnza said...

Congratulations!

I raise a glass in your honor!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Let's have some fun with mousetrappers text.

German-Dutch-English

fast-bijna-near
hatte-had-had
Ich-ik-I
deinen-jouw-your
wundersieg-wonderzege-wonder(siege)victory
uber-over-over
die-de-that
teufel-duivel-devil
zirkel-cirkel-circle (hey!)
von-van-of
verpasst-passeren-pass (miss)
und-en-and
du-jij-you
sprichst-spreekt-speak
Gratuliere-??-(con)gratulation
dem-de-the
tapferen-dappere-(dapper?)(brave)
krieger-krijger-??(warriors)

So you see it has a great deal that is alike.
Zo je ziet het heeft een groot deel dat is gelijk.
So du ziehst es hat ein groB teil das ist gleich.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Congrats on the heroic finish, with a book no less! My hat's off to you, and you are now going into my victory circle.

2:25 AM  
Blogger King of the Spill said...

Congratulations! Oh, the carnage...

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home