Monday, May 09, 2005

X-Ray Attack, Surprise Moves, Defensive Combinations, Trapped Man, Zugzwang, Pt. Trois

I've gotten to the point where I have to literally force myself to study. I'm partway through the 4th circle on this theme group, but there are many problems with long variations and several branches to their analysis trees. The hardest themes for me in this group are the surprise moves and the defensive combinations. I'll keep slogging through, though, and will hopefully finish this group tonight.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey CD,

Hang in there.

Would you be interested in joining team DeLaMaza for T27 on FICS? We are looking for players for our U2000 and U1800 teams. KnightWiz will be joining us for our U1600 team. Hope you can come aboard!

PS

1:18 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

You bet, Pawn Sensei! I'd like to be on both the U2000 and the U1800 teams. Are you going to be captain?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Awesome! No, I am only the captain for the U1600 team. RomaLavrn, who was the captain for T26 will be the captain for the U2000 and U1800 teams, but I'll be a sub for the U1800 team. I look forward to being on the same team as you this time around.

PS

2:45 PM  
Blogger Zek said...

I'm surprised how popular this de la Meza book is. I've never seen it, but the guy barely hit Expert and then quit?

It seems like people either love it or hate it.

4:57 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Pawn Sensei, great! How do I contact RomaLavrn, or will you be doing that?

8:53 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Christopher,

He's hit upon some good ideas for ingraining chess patterns into your brain. I'm not sure why he quit, but he apparently has. Dan Heisman (if I remember correctly) said that he saw him at some tournament and asked him about it and he said something to the effect of after Expert the REAL chess studying has to occur.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home