Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Free Time

It's amazing what a scarce commodity free time is. It's hard for me to get much done chess-wise during the week with kids and wife needing my undivided attention until 8:00p or so. After that, I'm able to have some "me-time" and study chess. Last night I continued my plod through around the halfway point of the knight forks chapter in 1001 Winning Sacrifices and Combinations. I also got my latest Chess Life mag with my highest published rating (1501), and I worked and solved the 1st 2 Chess to Enjoy problems by GM Soltis.

Tonight is chess club, where I'm at the halfway point in the Twin Cities championship. I scored 2.5 out of my 1st 3 rounds and will finish out the tourney over the next 2 weeks (round 4 is tonight). I should be playing the black pieces tonight against a formidible opponent. I will analyze and post my game either tonight or in the next several days.

2 Comments:

Blogger David Glickman said...

Celtic -

Welcome to the chess blogosphere! After reading your blog, I suggested to Don Q that he invite you into the Knights Errant as a fellow traveler on the MDLM chess improvement path.

I've posted an official welcome and a note about your invitation here.

DG - Boylston Chess Club Weblog

3:59 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

DG, I proudly accept the invitation to become the Dark Knight Errant! Thank you for the consideration.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home