Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pawn Endings Resumed

Beginning last weekend, I have completed 2 mini-circles of pawn endings. I'm quite pleased with my performance compared to what I was able to do last year (see prior posts from that time period).

1st mini-circle: 73%, Convekta ELO*: 2303
2nd mini-circle: 75% Convekta ELO*: 2307
3rd mini-circle: 78% Convekta ELO*: 2323
4th mini-circle: 79% Convekta ELO*: 2330
5th mini-circle: 82% Convekta ELO*: 2353
6th mini-circle: 84% Convekta ELO*: 2392
7th mini-circle: 86% Convekta ELO*: 2381
8th mini-circle: 89% Convekta ELO*: 2419**


*To those unfamiliar with Convekta software, as you work through problems, you establish an ELO. In my opinion, there is little bearing between this rating and a person's true chess skill. However, it's a good way to monitor progress.

** Final Mini-circle

2 Comments:

Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Excellent work. Good to see you're still chessin' it up.

Hey, does this mean you are back to blogging?

12:16 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

Hey there, Blue Devil. I'm back, but not in full swing. I need to focus on getting through these endgame circles. I took a new job recently that has commanded a lot of my time, plus I was suffering from chess burnout for over a year. Now, I'm back into the whole thing, and so far it appears my play has actually improved with the lay off. Anyway, I'm playing in Online Chess League tournament and plan to renew my USCF membership in March (after the local chess club's annual tournament is over) and expand my blogging most likely around the same time.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home