Wednesday, July 13, 2005

CTS, How I Do Love Thee!

After I complete my analysis, I will post my game from last night at chess club. Let me say that I feel the Chess Tactics Server has helped break me from my slump. The person I played, and beat, was lower rated (not much to holler about there), but he beat me two weeks ago and plays a lot higher than his rating shows. So, it was a personal victory for me even though I won't get many rating points from it.

In truth, I think that there are two things that have helped me. CTS, and my study of strategic play. Hopefully I have indeed broken from my slump, but only time will tell.

6 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Yesterday I breaked tru resistance in my head to play so fast (It felt as rather physical resistance). Probably that's a good sign. Let's see if it goes better now. It's rather addictive. It would be nice if it is useful too.

11:29 AM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

I truly think it is, Tempo! Last night I was creating threats and seeing tactics like anything.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Congrats CD. It's a good feeling when you are coming out of it. I hope I am coming out of mine too.

PS

11:07 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

For me, CTS became useful as soon as I decided to no longer care about my rating but just to play as carefully as I would in a slow game. With this strategy I can learn to improve my ability to manage time properly, that is, playing forced and obvious moves fast and taking my time in moves where there are reasonable alternatives.

3:38 AM  
Blogger JavaManIssa said...

congrats :) from doing lots of TCT problems i noticed that i instantly see things that i would've previously though about which is extremely useful. I shall do it again in 3 weeks time! It's hard to say if CTS is beneficial, i think it is as long as you calculate all the reasonable variations.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

breaked tru broke thru, that is.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home